Thursday 16 January 2014

In Which Introductions Are Made

Greetings and salutations new friends on the internet!

How exciting - and tremendously distressing - it is to be composing my very first blog post! What does one write about to start things off with a bang and create allure? Do I attempt to tell a joke? Talk about puppies? Perhaps sloths?
A friend tells me it's as simple as discussing who I am, and what I want to write about on the blog, so why not try giving that a shot?

My name is Silverius, or Silve if you find the former too ungainly.
Currently, I live with my boyfriend in Edmonton, Alberta and am matriculating at The University of Alberta, majoring in Drama. (I wonder how many people are going to find that particular tidbit of information surprising.)
I'm an avid reader; I buy books frequently and in great amounts - it's not an addiction, it's an intellectual investment. Unfortunately, I don't find myself with an abundance of time for leisurely reading, what with being a student and all. What kind of books catch my fancy, you ask? A rather particular kind, I tell you! Historical settings - particularly the Victorian era - paranormal / fantasy aspects, steampunk (in moderation), a bit of romance, as well as wit and humour all attract my attention. Fit them all into one book, and you've captured my soul!
I like dressing in clothes that are dapper and slightly redolent of yesteryear. You can imagine this entails many bow ties.
Vocabulary - if you've not surmised by this point - is also of great interest to me. The more flashy and eloquent the word, the better. There are currently 1036 words on my favourites list, few of which I have occasion to use. Hopefully this blog will change that fact.
I often say that my biggest regret in life is not being born British. As far as I'm concerned, British is better.
In a related note...tea. Plenty and plenty of tea.

As for what I hope to do with the blog, who can say, really? I'm sure there will be numerous self-indulgent, bombastic, pedantic posts and a lot of curmudgeonly bitching about the human race. Perhaps, if I'm feeling particularly ambitious, there will even be a few posts on my wardrobe, photos included.

But I'd better maintain at least a modicum of my mystique for now, so that is all you get from me, dear reader.

Hope you'll be around again.

1 comment: